a) Advice Date of Journey With Cabin Type & Bed (twin/double bedded) required
b) To process a booking we require Names/Sex/Nationality of all the passengers
c) In case of children< 12 years we also require date of birth
d) Your reservation will be confirmed on receipt of minimum 30% as advance deposit of Gross Value of Ticket
e) Balance payment must reach us at least 70 days before tour depart
f) Booking request made less than 70 days before tour depart,will be confirmed on receipt of ONE TIME full payment
g) We require Passport Copies of all passengers with Indian Visa & Maharajas Express Reservation Form to issue e-travel documents
Online Credit Card Authorization Form (only Visa & MasterCard accepted)
Swift wire Transfer through your Bank
Indian Nationals can make payment by RTGS/NEFT transfer in equivalent INR Rupees as per prevailing rate of exchange on RBI website
- The Maharajas Express Train is owned & operated by IRCTC(commercial wing of Indian Railways) & Royal Indian Trains is authorized booking agent of IRCTC & our liability is limited accordingly
- All Requests for cancellation must be made in writing & acknowledged by us
- Minimum 30% Cancellation fee on gross value of ticket,if cancellation request received more than 62 days prior to Train Tour Depart
- Minimum 50% Cancellation fee on gross value of ticket,if cancellation request received between 47 days to 61 days prior to tour depart
- 100% Cancellation fee on gross value of ticket,if cancellation request received less than 47 days prior to tour depart
- In case of Medical Emergency & receipt of supporting document,The Management Of Maharajas Express reserves the consider your request & postpone journey to fresh travel date (subject to passenger paying the difference in tariff, if any, on date of travel)
- Request for change in Passenger Names Or Travel date is governed by cancellation rules
- In case of Low Occupancy ,the Train Tour Operator (IRCTC) reserves the right to cancel the scheduled depart & refund the advance received (without any further liability)
- Tour Amount received will not be refunded in case of Part Journey/Self Curtailement of Journey /No Show due any any reason, whatsover
- If payment not received at per schedule,your booking may be cancelled & entire amount received forfieted
- In case of Cancellation by Guest Or Train Tour Operator(IRCTC) the amount will be refunded by Royal Indian Trains as per INR Value (Indian Rupees) amount received MINUS Bank Processing Fee
- Due to Reserve Bank Of India(Federal Bank) policy –certain documentation is required from guests,to process refund
- The liability of Royal Indian trains is limited to that of Booking agent Only
Please note that Maharaja's Express Train is owned & operated by Government agency of IRCTC & within constraints of the Indian Railways Network and timing agreed upon by them We require you to abide by timings suggested by your guides, escorts, etc. enabling us to adhere to schedules Certain departures would be operating in reverse with minor changes in timings and flow of destinations.
The information provided in this website is based on brochures available with Marketing Office of ITCTC ,& subject to change The Train Management reserve the absolute right to alter, amend, change or modify tour package & itineraries (including but not limited to cancellation and or substitution of guest speakers & signature departures).The same may be necessary due to factors beyond their control such as 'force majeure' events, strikes, fairs, festivals, sport events, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / re-routing of flights or railway, closure of / restricted entry at a place of sightseeing. Wherever possible, you will be sufficiently informed in advance. Otherwise Train Manager or Maharaja Express Train Management bears the onus to inform you of the changes on the tour.
The itineraries on certain departures will run in reverse direction. There may also be a slight amendment in activities and sequence of destinations visited. The right to vary, amend, alter or withdraw any particular itinerary, departure or excursion rests entirely with the company. Services however, will remain unchanged.
There is no concept of tour insurance in India & We strongly recommend that you have adequate travel insurance cover from your country of domicile for injury, illness, death, accident, loss of effects or luggage and holiday cancellation.
Your relationship (and any contract you may have) or with any Third Party Supplier or any disputes or other matters arising from it shall be interpreted as per Indian Laws and Courts in New Delhi, India & they alone would have exclusive jurisdiction over any litigation or arbitration proceedings
The Maharajas' Express is comprehensively insured for fire, earthquake, theft and terrorism. All guests are covered under an umbrella insurance cover of Indian Railways.
Should you have any complaints or face any problem during your journey, please bring it to the attention of the Train Manager immediately, while on board, in order for him or her to provide you with an immediate solution Failing to do this, any right to compensation, which you may have, will be extinguished or reduced. In unlikely event that problem persists, please write to us within One week of your return from the tour, providing us with the details of your booking reference and this complaint will be taken up with Train Company Management.
The Management of Maharaja's Express Train assures you that all arrangements for your holiday will be made , and provided with utmost skill and care This means that they will accept responsibility if, for example, your contracted arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as result of failure on their part, our employees or suppliers The Train Company reserves the right to decline your booking / s for any Tour or to cancel your booking without assigning any reason.
In these booking conditions, 'force majeure' means any event which we / the supplier of service(s) in question / the Third Party Supplier could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid Such events may include whether actual or threatened war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, disease, fire and all similar events outside the control of the party concerned We cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our obligations under our agreement with you is prevented or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of, 'force majeure'.
Any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description which, based on the information you gave us at time of booking, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you Any business losses Excursions or other tours or any other travel services taken & paid for by you which have not been provided by us whilst you are on our tour In such instances, your contract will be with operator / supplier of excursion or tour or travel services and not with us.
The Maharaja's Express Train is managed, operated & owned by IRCTC Ltd (Subsidiary of Indian Railways)
We at Royal Indian Trains are an Authorized Booking Agent of Maharajas Express Train ,based in New Delhi(India) & a different business entity to the principal train tour operator. The domain & website of www.themaharajatrain.com & www.royalindiantrains.com has been operational for number of years & owned by our Associate Company-Lawrence Travels.
We can also assist you in customized pre-post train tour journey to destionation of choice in India/Nepal/Bhutan & Maldives at Extra Cost.
It is advised that all foreign nationals to self contact the nearest Indian consulate at least 90 days before arrival in India to complete their Visa Formalities To visit India. It is normal to take 5 to 10 working Days for this process Request for cancellation of Train tour, on account of non availability of Indian Visa Or in-ability to board flight to India because of in adequate Visa papers Will be governed by Cancellation rules
We bear no direct responsibility or liability to a passenger ,if his/her booking is routed through a Travel Agent/Tour operator or a third person.
The Management of Principal Train Tour Operator Company viz. IRCTC Ltd.; reserves the right to postpone OR cancel a prepaid journey date, in case of Lack of booking of minimum passengers required to operator the train tour. The maximum liability of IRCTC/Royal Indian Trains is restricted to the advance Received to book the train journey. No further claim of damages Or compensation will be entertained from the esteemed guests towards any other expense Suffered Or borne due to cancellation of Air fare/Visa Charges/Hotel booking etc. Disputes(if any) are subject to jurisdiction of courts of New Delhi(India) only.